Find us on
Follow us on
Bethany's FP4H tracker,
[click to download] (excel spreadsheet)
(*NOTE: This version of the tracker counts fats in "grams" vrs "tsp". Scroll down to "Updates" for more info)
This tracker was developed for the First Place 4 Health program following the guidelines
FP4H Member's Guide
published June 2008. If you have questions about the sheet, or any
input for improvements, please let us know via email so that we can make any changes
available to all. Since the sheet may be going through updates and improvements, you'll
probably want to download a new sheet each week (which would be easier than clearing out
cells from a prior weeks tracker anyway!).
The tracker is setup so that the entire width "should" fit on
your computer screen; however, all screens are different, and you may have to adjust the
"zoom level" in excel to be able to view the entire width of the sheet on your screen.
When (if) you "print" the sheet, the entire sheet should fit on the page. This is useful
for being able to turn in your tracker at a weekly FP4H meeting, or some may wish to print
and manually write in foods.
To learn more about "First Place 4 Health" (aka FP4H) at Bethany Baptist Church,
Thanks, and we hope that you and your group find this tool useful!
Updates / Problems Resolved
- 10/6/11 - The version of the tracker that counts fats in "tsp" (as per the FP4H Member Guide) is available
- 9/6/11 - The tracker now takes the fat count in "grams" vrs "tsp" (our group found this easier since nutritional
labels list fat in "grams" - now, can just plug that number into the tracker & calories will be updated accordingly.
When you enter "meats", the fats column will automatically be updated based on a "lean meat est" of 3g fat per oz.
Don't be alarmed, note that the calorie count for 1 oz lean meat will still read "55". For additional details,
mouse over the "meat" and "fat" columns on the tracker.
- 9/3/11 - Updated "Intro" sheet on the tracker to calculate your WHR (waist-hip ratio) and BMI (body mass index) based
on the measurements entered. Info about interpreting these results is a little further down on the Intro sheet.
- 8/22/11 - Tracker now adds in additional fat for you for medium and high fat meats. By default, it is
assumed that meats are lean (average 3g fat per oz). If you have a medium or high fat meat, place
an "m" (for medium) or "h" (for high) in the grains column next to your meat count, and you'll see the
fat column adjust accordingly. For more info, mouse over the meat column on the tracker.
- 8/22/11 - The "Had" value (total how many servings you had in a day for the food groups) will now display in
green if you are under your recommendation for the day, black if you
are within your range, and turn red if you go over the upper limit for a food group.
- 9/22/09 - small tool at bottom of top to convert fat grams to teaspoon equivalent.
- 9/1/09 - Added area to count cups of water consumed.
- 8/25/09 - Added column for counting discretionary calories. A formula in the column "estimates" calories
based on the food group counts you enter; or, you may overwrite the calories column if you prefer to be
more exact and know the calorie content of a food/meal.
- 8/25/09 - Days 2-7 were not totaling the food group counts and calories correctly.